Monday, January 22, 2024

The Gift of a Little Glimmer

Find that little Glimmer. Photo credit: My husband



Positive Pensées


Kathy King


The Gift of a Little Glimmer


“Today I learned about a term called “glimmer.”

Which is the opposite of a trigger. Glimmers are those moments in your day that make you feel joy, happiness, peace, or gratitude. Once you train your brain to be on the lookout for glimmers, these tiny moments will appear more and more.”

Unknown


A Glimmer, a glimpse, a little flash of light. 

That is what a glimmer provides.

When you are in the tunnel that is devoid of light. 

That little patch of glimmer will shine like a beacon in the night. 

A Glimmer can be a small moment in your day that brings you joy, happiness, or a small smile to your face. 

Gratitude, peace, clearness of mind. 

That is what a glimmer provides. 

Train your mind when all seems grey, to find the spots of glimmer in each day.

Life is a process, sometimes a drudgery. 

That is why we must find glimmer, look for it, as if it were a need.

Once you train your mind to see glimmer, the dark tunnel will shine. 

This will lead you to the glorious light, one day at a time.


My husband and I were watching a popular comedian speak the other night about the state of life in the West at the moment. He said that he went to multiple Christmas parties during the holiday and he asked two questions, “Have you seen Woody Harrelson, he’s my ride.” The other was, “In 2024 I would like (fill in the blank.)” He said the overwhelming answer just about every single time was, “Sanity.” There are times that I do believe that social media can take away our sanity. Also, just thirty minutes of the news. That sanity can turn very dark, very quickly if we find ourselves in an echo chamber that is less than savory for any amount of time. What happens when we stay there? The light begins to flicker, the stars dim in their shine and we find ourselves in a tunnel that is darkness as far as the eye and the mind can see. When I was little I was told a great deal of the phrase, “You are what you eat.” The concept was explained that this does not only apply to the mouth but the mind, heart, soul, and spirit. If most folks truly want sanity in 2024 what do we do? We find those little spots of glimmer each and every day. We clean up our diet. We practice moderation. Too much of anything results in tiredness, lack of faith, empathy, the ability to see the blessing that is right in front of you. Glimmer involves seeing that small sliver of light when our glasses are smudged and not clean. That glimmer will clean your glasses and help you to see and find your sanity. Sure, there are days when all you can do is put one foot in front of the other. That is okay. But dear readers, try to find some sanity and glitter each and every day. On a personal note, I have been down. The World Wide Bug made its way back into almost all of my family. Myself included. I cried. I did. Big ugly crocodile tears. I had to dig, grab, reach in the dark until I could find some glimmer. That glimmer was fuzzy slippers, my husband bringing me soup and my son trying his best to cook a proper meal for us. That helped me dig out of the tunnel. Find some sanity. Find that balance of soul, mind, diet, spirit, etc.. and make glimmering a way of life. 


My books are on Amazon!


The Quacktastic Adventures of Ellie and Lord Barks a Lot

The Case of the Missing Moo-Cow Bell

The Case of the Missing Bumbly Wumbly Bee

The Case of the Missing Wellies

The Case of the Missing Honk Honk

The Case of the Missing Ornaments


Clean it Up! Wash it Up!


Coming soon!

Appalachian Allegory: A Southern Novel


Buy me a coffee… pretty please… actually it would be a proper cuppa in my case. Thank you for reading! 


Patreon:

Positive Pensées


Paypal:  familyking8@gmail.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Gift of People Watching

Image Courtesy of Canva Pro The Gift of People Watching Kathy King "It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words wit...