Thursday, October 26, 2023

The Gift of You are Worthy

I am not sure who took this photo but it reminds me of a fresh start and love. 
It is a beautiful church in Iceland. 

Positive Pensées


Kathy King


“You are worthy now. Not when you get that job, not when you lose twenty pounds, not when more people know who you are. Now. Simply because you exist.”

Tiana Barrow


Do you see those words above?

You are worthy simply because you exist. 

You are worthy because you are. 

You are worthy both near and far. 

Your soul matters, your spirit as well. 

You are worthy.  

Keep telling those words to yourself. 

Make this a part of your mantra.

Say it each and every day. 

You are worthy in each and every way. 

Sure we all have our foibles, but thank goodness for grace. 

Practice active forgiveness and accept God’s grace. 

You are worthy of much care. 

You are worthy dear reader. 

Stop beating yourself up. 

Take those small steps to know your self worth. 

Those steps will become wider and longer in duration. 

You will go farther with each day you see your dedication. 

To your worth, your life, and love all around. 

You are worthy dear reader. 

Grasp those words, make them a part of you. 

When you do dear reader, you will blossom as you were meant to do. 


I am not going to really comment a lot on this particular quote today. I did however feel compelled to share it. Do you struggle with low self worth? Low self worth is a belief. Low self confidence is a bit different. It is more circumstantial. Such as a hard work task or any number of daunting tasks that life hands us. Low self worth means that you feel unworthy of love, unworthy of having any sort of grace in your life. If life has taught me anything, and believe me… I am still learning..Is that you are worthy. We all struggle in our own way as humans. I would encourage you to practice an attitude of grace. Be kind to yourself. When we were children we were taught the phrase: “Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” I take issue with that phrase. Words can be painful. I read a little passage yesterday that changed the sentiment. “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will cripple my pitifully fragile sense of self worth.” How many times have you let something someone has said sit over your head like a storm cloud? I am guilty of this action on many occasions. I am not talking about the selfie Me! Me! Me! Culture that we see. But rather, take that little child that is still in you that is huddled in the corner and let them know that they are worthy. It might make all the difference in both yourself and others. I will leave you with a couple of quotes that spoke to me as I was researching this topic. “It’s not what you are that is holding you back. It’s what you think you are not.” Anonymous. “Low self worth does not keep you humble, it keeps you small. So small that you may even become invisible. It starts with you. Begin to love this human being which is you. Not for what you do but for who you are. Cherish the moments of this life gifted to you. Joy, purpose, and love flourish within fulfilled hearts and lift all those they connect with.”  Doe Zantamata


My books are on Amazon!


The Quacktastic Adventures of Ellie and Lord Barks a Lot


Clean it up! Wash it Up!


The Case of the Missing Honk Honk is live today!


Coming soon:

The Case of the Missing Ornaments


Appalachian Allegory


1 comment:

The Gift of People Watching

Image Courtesy of Canva Pro The Gift of People Watching Kathy King "It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words wit...