Monday, November 27, 2023

The Gift of What is Stored Inside You

I took this during a mountain walk..




This is "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel. I really enjoy singing this song. It is very true.


Positive Pensées


Kathy King


The Gift of What is Stored Inside of You


“It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.”

Howard Ruff


A desolate desert, sometimes that is life. 

You walk through the day, your spirit is filled with strife. 

You search for that ever important drop of water to quench your thirst.

You search for that small morsel of spiritual food to give you the strength. 

What is stored inside you, to get you through these times?

When a good word is hard to find.

What have you cultivated in your inner being that will help you see through hard deeds?

Did you have a little water stuck back in your spiritual backpack?

Some food, some prayers, to fill your spiritual tank.

It all depends on what you are made of in your innermost being. 

Choose to store up goodness to see you through hard undertakings. 

When the slim times come and supplies are tight. 

You have a little in reserve to keep you going when times are tight. 


I dedicate this little musing to those who have lost a loved one. My heart cries for you. As I was praying this morning this little poem I wrote came to mind:


When you reach for that hand to gave you much needed calm.

When you listened for that voice that acted like a soothing balm.

When that hug that made you feel like everything will be okay is not there..

You feel the weight of the person that once was there.

Their spirit lingers in everything you touch.

Their joy, their grace, their strength when life was too much.

Remember dear one, they are in the presence of God.

They are dancing on the streets of gold, staring at the very face of God.

They would want you to hold on to the scripture in which they hid in their heart.

They would want you to pray and share the love of God.

Show others God's strength through daunting and soul wrenching times.

It's okay to cry, it's okay to rest, it's okay to wish you could be with the person you loved best.

Remember dear reader when the days seem too hard to bear.

God is there waiting for you to cast to Him all of your cares.



Weird aside. I love cured meats. I do. I really developed a love of these things when I would make my little daily trip to the market in Switzerland. They had a variety of cured sausages, my favorite was würstli. I would walk outside our little apartment that was ancient, down the gasse (street) to a little market that was probably 50 steps from our apartment. They had a variety of little sausages to pick from. It was wonderful. After that, I would go and get some fresh bread. I will write about that lovely memory in another musing. To get back to my love of cured meats; I became so fond of the würstli that I tried to bring some home to the states. They would not let me keep them in customs, sigh. Since being back I have not been able to find anything quite like the würstli since then. I have tried to recreate that fond little memory to no avail.  Today I was having some pepperoni, another cured meat that I love. As I was enjoying my little snack, I got to thinking about what it takes to cure meat. How it stores well and lasts a long time. Cured meats can be traced back to about 3000 bc. The process naturally involves salt and removing harmful bacteria from the meat so that it can be dried and stored. Once this is done, the meat can last for months. Why did early cultures cure meat? Well, for journeys, for soldiers who had to walk long lengths to battle, for the times when meat was hard to come by. They had a little in reserve so that they could have nutrition. After pondering this little fact, I thought about what we have stored inside of us when the hard and slim times come. This past year in our family has been very challenging. That is putting it mildly. I have to admit, there were days that I cried crocodile tears and questioned a lot of things in my life. After calming down, a realization dawned on me.  There were some scriptures, prayers and other musings in my spirit for times such as these.  There was also a realization that I had been filling my mind with endless worry. The Well of spiritual water had not been accessed and the rations for when nothing around was working laid in its bag waiting to be used. The gist of this musing? Prepare for the slim times. Prepare even if everything around you is “coming up roses” at the moment. Cure some meat of prayer, meditation and scripture to have in the back of your mind when nothing seems right. Fill up your water well so that it will not dry. In the words of Thomas Fuller: “We never know the worth of water until the well is dry.” 




Source: Carnivoreclub


My books are on Amazon!


The Quacktastic Adventures of Ellie and Lord Barks a Lot

The Case of the Missing Moo-Cow Bell

The Case of the Missing Wellies

The Case of the Missing Bumbly Wumbly Bee

The Case of the Missing Honk Honk

The Case of the Missing Ornaments


Clean it Up! Wash it Up!


Coming soon:

Appalachian Allegory: A Southern Novel


Buy me a coffee… pretty please… actually it would be a proper cuppa in my case. Thank you for reading! 


Patreon:

Positive Pensées


Paypal:  familyking8@gmail.com


1 comment:

The Gift of People Watching

Image Courtesy of Canva Pro The Gift of People Watching Kathy King "It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words wit...